- Baitcast Reels – A baitcast reel sits on top of the rod so the spool is parallel to the rod. It works well with monofilament, fluorocarbon and braid line types.
- Spinning Reels – Spinning reels are the best all round type of fishing reel, and are used for many different purposes, ranging from spin fishing with artificial lures, fishing with live or dead bait, fishing with rigs or bobber fishing, all the way to ice fishing.
- Spincast Reels – The best spincast reel is simple and more than up to the task of bluegill, crappie, perch, catfish, walleye, trout, bass, specks, reds, and most pike. Better yet, they’re affordable and well made!
- Line Counter Reels – A line counter reel allows you to accurately gauge the depth of your presentation, ensuring that your bait is running in the strike zone.
- Power Assist Reels – Well-designed power assists keep the sport in deep-drop fishing. They are faster, easy to use, more accurate, and they have a superior drag system.